This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no extra cost to you.
As a parent, it is up to your mommy instincts to decide how and what your baby feeds. If you are going the formula way, just know there are already dozens of formulas on the market that will rival your money. Similac pro sensitive vs Similac Total comfort are two effective formulas you may want to consider, and in this article, you get a comprehensive contrast of both.
Similac Pro Sensitive
The Similac Pro-sensitive formula is designed for babies who are fussy or gassy due to lactose insensitivity. It comes with lactose-free milk proteins to give your baby a healthy digestive system. Similac Pro Sensitive is the next best thing after breast milk, as the proteins are not only sourced from cow’s milk; but also present in your natural breast milk.
Being lactose-free, Similac Pro Sensitive doesn’t come with added sugar, and the proteins are not processed into lactose. This makes it easier for your baby to digest and absorb essential nutrients, especially in the first few weeks of transitioning into solids.
- It enhances your baby’s immune system.
- It minimizes fussiness and gas spit-up.
- Similac Pro Sensitive contains prebiotics; this means a healthy digestive system for your baby.
- It is lactose-free, and hence ideal for sensitive tummies.
- It contains DHA, Vitamin E, and Lutein; a combination of which supports mental and eye development.
- No GMOs or artificial growth hormones.
- Free of palm oil
- It comes with a quality dose of calcium, so your baby’s bones are strong.
- There are foamy bubbles
- It is not advisable for babies with galactosemia
- Similac Pro Sensitive vs Similac Total Comfort are both Pricey
Does Similac Pro Sensitive Cause Constipation?
Constipation in your baby is not an odd development, especially in their first year of life. While the causes of constipation are various, baby formulas with palm olein oil are a prominent part. Good news, Similac formulas do not have palm olein oil! So if you find your baby constipating on it, you may want to consult your pediatrician.
Does Similac Pro Sensitive Help With Spit Up?
Similac Pro Sensitive is an easily digestible milk-based infant formula. It is formulated for sensitive tummies and thoroughly furnished with nutrients to combat fussiness, and mild spit-up due to lactose sensitivity. If your baby has issues with spitting up, Similac Pro Sensitive is the way.
Does Similac Pro Sensitive Help With Gas?
It’s all in the name. Similac Pro Sensitive formula is designed for babies who have sensitive tummies. Because lactose is at the root of this sensitivity, a lactose-free formula like Similac Pro Sensitive presents the best way to handle issues such as gas and constipation.
Does Similac Pro Sensitive Have Cow’s Milk?
Like most sensitive formulas, Similac Pro Sensitive is sourced from cow’s milk. The great thing, however, is that the lactose has been done away with and replaced with another quality of sugar such as corn syrup or sucrose (table sugar), which makes it more appealing to your lactose-intolerant baby.
Similac Total Comfort
If you want an ideal formula for your little one, Similac Total Comfort is made to tick all of your nutritional and convenience boxes. A non-GMO formula, Similac Total Comfort comes readymade with the kind of nutrition your baby needs to beat the milestones of her first year.
Besides easing your baby’s fussy tummy, Similac Total Comfort is a unique blend of DHA, lutein, and vitamin E, which not only occur in your natural breast milk but also have a record of promoting your baby’s mental and eye development.
- Similac Total Comfort promotes healthy bowel movements and causes less constipation.
- A non-GMO formula; and it doesn’t upset your baby’s tummy.
- Similac Total Comfort is a great way to support your baby’s immune system.
- It comes with the kind of nutrients present in breast milk.
- It enhances your baby’s digestive system.
- If your baby is allergic to some formula additives, the Similac Total Comfort can be an effective nutritional help.
- No artificial growth hormones.
- Although the Similac Pro Sensitive vs Similac Total Comfort formulas both help to manage gas in babies, they both produce lots of foams.
- The Similac Total Comfort formula has an unpleasant smell.
- The price is on the high side.
- It produces lots of foam, once mixed.
Does Similac Total Comfort Help With Reflux?
Although Similac Total Comfort is a highly nutritious formula and helps in easing fussy tummies, it doesn’t exactly help with reflux. If your baby suffers from reflux, it is advisable to go for anti-colic formulas or see your pediatrician to get their expert recommendations.
Does Similac Total Comfort Help With Constipation?
Similac Total Comfort is an exceptional formula for babies but has a low lactose level. And while this may lead to constipation in some babies, others may not experience the same. This doesn’t mean your baby has uncommon complications, it instead means that babies are not necessarily identical in body systems, and what works for one may not work for the other.
Does Similac Total Comfort Cause Spit-up?
If your baby gets fussy while feeding, just relaxes, it is one of those things. Babies go through tummy issues such as spit-up, and that’s okay. Trust a tummy-friendly and easy-to-digest formula like Similac Formula to take care of anything spit-up.
Does Similac Total Comfort Cause Diarrhea?
As with every other product, the Similac Total Comfort has side its own side-effects, and increased bowel movement is one of them. While some parents complain of diarrhea with Similac Total Comfort, others say they cannot relate. Hence, it is really up to you and your baby’s needs at the moment, and of course, based on your pediatrician’s recommendation.
Similac Pro Sensitive vs Similac Total Comfort are both from the same maker and share many important features. While an honest verdict of the competition, according to us, presents Similac Pro Sensitive as the best for your baby, especially in terms of nutrition, the best formula for your baby in the actual sense is one that works well for you and them.