This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no extra cost to you.
Baby’s diet is necessary while they are still growing and need nutritious diet to give them a healthy development. Fish is regarded as an important part of a healthy meal since it is filled with several essential nutrients for both adults and kids but some parents might be scared to give their babies tuna mayonnaise since it contains some amount of mercury. This is why most moms ask “can babies eat tuna mayonnaise?” Yes, babies can eat tuna mayonnaise and adding tuna mayonnaise to your baby’s meal is a great choice due to its numerous benefits.
Tuna mayonnaise offers your little one protein without a high saturated fat content. Although tuna is not on the list of common choking hazards for a baby, it can be a bit difficult for your baby. Therefore adding mayonnaise would soften the tuna and make it easier for your baby to swallow. It is important that you stay near your baby during their mealtime to monitor their eating and prevent any possible occurrence of your little one choking on food. It has been advised that babies are not given solid meals until they are six months of age to enable them to develop their digestive system and have antibodies from their mother’s breast milk or formula milk. But after six months of age, it is required that solid food should be introduced to your baby to give them the required nutrients needed for a healthy development.
It is important that your little one eats tuna mayo once or twice in a week because of the presence of the tuna fish which has some amount of mercury in it. Tuna mayonnaise is a popular spread or meal people eat and give their little ones. It is made up of minced tuna fish and mayonnaise sauce. This can be eaten alone as a meal or used to make a salad or a sandwich.
There are different brands of tuna mayonnaise but picking the best brand of tuna mayonnaise is important to aid the healthy development of your little one. Below are a few brands of tuna mayonnaise which you can get for your little one.
Top brands of tuna mayonnaise
1. Ocean secret canned tuna in mayonnaise
This brand of tuna mayonnaise is produced with a natural source of omega3. It is also rich in calcium and protein and all other essential nutrients for your baby. Ocean secret canned tuna in mayonnaise does not contain any form of artificial flavouring or preservative and you can be sure that your baby would like it since it has a great taste.
2. Ayam brand tuna mayonnaise
This brand of tuna mayonnaise contains the calcium and protein your baby needs for a healthy development, it is not too spicy and oily for your little one’s digestive system and it has no added artificial flavours or preservatives. Ayam brand tuna mayonnaise is rich in omega 3, it has a chill zest taste of tuna with mayo and it is not too pricey.
3. Ocean light tuna with mayonnaise
This brand of tuna mayonnaise contains a high level of protein and calcium, no added artificial colouring, preservatives and flavouring. It is not too spicy, which makes it a great choice for your little one. Ocean light tuna with mayonnaise has a great taste and aroma and you can be sure your baby would love it.
4. Loma linda-tuno (vegan tuna) mayo
This brand of tuna mayonnaise is made with textured soya protein in egg-free mayonnaise which is not harsh on your baby’s developing digestive system, it is gluten-free and has no added preservatives, flavouring or artificial colouring. Loma linda-tuno (vegan tuna) mayo contains a high level of protein and is great for your little one.
Tuna mayonnaise has many benefits for your little one. Below are a few benefits your baby would get if tuna mayonnaise is added to their diet.
1. The tuna fish in the tuna mayonnaise contains omega 3 which helps your little ones heart. It also reduces irregular heartbeat and helps blood clotting. Giving your baby tuna mayonnaise at least once a week during their mealtime would aid your baby to have a healthy heart development. Babies require omega 3 fatty acids like DHA for proper development.
2. Tuna mayonnaise contains vitamin B which is important to your little one’s early spinal cord development. It also makes your baby’s bones stronger and protects them from injuries.
3. The vitamin B complex which has a protein called elastin present in tuna mayonnaise helps your baby’s skin remain healthy and gives it a smooth and radiant tone.
4. Giving your little one tuna mayonnaise improves their metabolism, boost the immune system and also increases the functionality of your little one’s organ.
5. Tuna mayonnaise contains vitamins and minerals such as potassium, selenium and sodium which helps your baby’s developing immune system.
6. Tuna mayonnaise contains a high level of protein which helps in the regulation and development of various body functions of your little one.
Can babies eat Tuna Mayonnaise?
It is important that you give your baby foods that provide the essential nutrients which are required for a healthy development. Your baby can start to eat solid food at six months of age so, you can add tuna mayonnaise to your baby’s meal. Tuna mayonnaise is a canned meal which consists of tuna fish and mayonnaise. It can be taken as a meal or used to mix salad or sandwich.
The above brands of tuna mayonnaise would make it easier for you to make a choice on the brand of tuna mayonnaise to get for your little one. Your baby can get so many benefits from taking tuna mayonnaise, the above benefits are some of the benefits that your baby would get. Tuna mayonnaise contains a high level of protein and calcium which is needed for a healthy development.
Ensure to stay with your child during mealtime to avoid your baby choking on their tuna mayonnaise and discontinue any brand of tuna mayonnaise that your baby might be allergic to and consult a pediatric nutritionist if needed.