This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you make a purchase using these links at no extra cost to you.
Babies are still growing and need a healthy and nutritious diet which should include carbohydrate, protein, and fiber to enable them to grow and develop properly. Most mom asks “can babies eat basmati rice? The answer is yes, babies can eat Basmati rice. Basmati rice is one of the most popular types of rice which has a unique flavor and aromatic feel and it’s one of the perfectly textured rice grains you can get. Basmati rice is a great source of essential nutrients and it contains the vitamins and minerals needed by a baby to have a good development.
From which month can a baby eat rice?
A baby should be six months and above before the introduction of any form of solid foods, such as rice. When a baby is born, breast milk or formula is the only source of nutrients for the baby but after six months, your baby needs other sources of nutrients from food apart from the ones gotten in the breast milk or formula. Your little one can have basmati rice at 6 months of age since it is rich in vitamins and dietary fibre.
Basmati rice also cooks fast and does not become mushy which is suitable for your baby. Some babies prefer the aroma of Basmati rice, although some other babies might be put off by the smell. Basmati rice provides your baby with the essential nutrients which include carbohydrates and fibres to give your baby the energy to walk, crawl and even play around. It has been discovered that basmati rice is great for your little one’s diet.
There are different brands of basmati rice but choosing the best brand of basmati might not be easy because you have to be conscious of the quality and nutrient present in the basmati rice. Below are a few brands of Basmati rice which you can get for your little one.
5 Top brands of basmati rice
1. Seed of change brown basmati rice: This brand of basmati rice is ready-made and get ready in 90 seconds. It is ideal for your baby because it does not contain any artificial flavour, preservative and colouring. Seed of Change brown basmati rice is a high quality rice that has a slightly chewy grain.
2. Tastic nature brown basmati rice: This brand of Basmati rice is loved for its low sugar content which is essential for a growing child. It is high in fibre and also low in sodium. Tastic nature brown basmati rice is cholesterol-free and you can be sure your baby gets the essential nutrients needed from the rice.
3. Food to live organic brown basmati rice: The manufacturers of this brand of rice take the health of humans as its priority. It is minimally processed to increase the level of vitamins in the rice. It has a woody flavour and aroma and you can be sure your baby will love to eat this rice.
4. Tilda legendary pure organic basmati rice: This brand of Basmati rice is directly gotten from non-GMO farms in the Himalayas. It had a great nutty flavour and a sweet aroma which your baby will love. Tilda legendary pure organic basmati rice is ideal for your baby since it has low cholesterol and it is meticulously cleaned before being processed for a quality and healthy rice.
5. Zafarani reserve GMO-free basmati rice: This brand of Basmati rice is GMO and gluten-free. It has a rich aroma and you can be sure it is ideal for your little one to eat since it contains the essential nutrients your baby needs for proper development.
It is advisable to give your baby brown basmati rice if you can; since it retains its whole grain nutrition value and would give your baby the required nutrients. Giving your little one basmati rice has so many benefits. Below are a few benefits of basmati rice for your baby.
Benefits of basmati rice for a baby
1. It improves the brain health of your baby: Basmati rice is high in B vitamins which is important to the development of your baby’s brain. It also contains a vitamin called thiam which is important for brain functioning.
2. It provides a good amount of fibre for your baby: Basmati rice contains a good amount of fibre which is needed to prevent your little one from having digestive issues.
3. It helps in the development of a healthy heart for your baby: Basmati rice has the lowest saturated fat content and low cholesterol which is the best option for your baby’s heart.
4. It is low in arsenic: Unlike other types of rice, basmati rice is low in arsenic which is a heavy metal that can harm your baby’s developing health system and result in bigger complications.
5. It gives your baby the essential nutrients needed: Basmati rice is gluten-free and low in fat. It also contains the essential amino acid and folic acid which a baby needs for healthy development.
Normal rice vs Basmati rice: Which is the best?
Regular rice is different from Basmati rice because while regular rice is processed and polished and might not retain as many minerals and vitamins, basmati rice contains fibre and its carbohydrate content is absorbed quickly into the bloodstream than the regular rice. Unlike regular rice, basmati rice is low in fat and contains all the eight essential amino acids which make basmati rice healthier than regular rice.
Can babies eat basmati rice?
Your baby needs to have a healthy and nutritious diet. Babies are required to take either breast milk or formula for the first six months, and then solid foods can be introduced at 6 months of age. Basmati rice is a great source of essential nutrients which your baby needs to have a healthy development. It contains many essential vitamins and minerals that are good for your baby’s health. The above brands of basmati rice would make it easier to make a choice when getting basmati rice for your baby. Basmati rice has so many benefits for your little one and the above benefits will show you why giving your baby basmati rice is better than regular rice is important. It is important to give your baby the perfect choice of food for their sensitive and developing digestive system.